View Single Post
Old
02-26-2014, 10:26 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Joensuu View Post
I don't understand the anger towards MacT about wanting to attain picks. For the last few years we've been drafting top 10, thus not allowing us to build up a pool of secondary prospects. Schultz, Hemsky, Smyth, and Jones aren't going to be part of our future, and if we don't keep them we will likely release them in the offseason anyway. So getting picks isn't a terrible thing, we would be able to stock the cupboards with prospect depth.

Not many teams are gonna give up roster players for what were offering.
How does drafting in the top ten not allow us to build a pool of secondary prospects? We still had 2nd and 3rd rounders. I also don't know that we haven't built a pool of secondary prospects. It might not be the best, but there are guys in there such as Lander, Pitlick, Kledbom, Marincin etc...

However I don't see nothing wrong with getting picks for guys that aren't going to be here next year.

I guess though if we are worried about giving up players and then being forced to get rookies that MacT probably could just get plugs from teams along with picks. Hypothetically if LA is offering a 2nd for Hemsky, is it going to break them to ask for Colin Fraser or some 25-27 year old from their AHL team to fill that spot?