View Single Post
Old
02-26-2014, 10:28 AM
McCupofOil
Save Us McJesus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
Have you read what I posted? I didn't say ALL SEASON. I said in 10 GAMES. I think all of us know the season is a write off, but his argument was the last 10 GAMES. So I am responding towards the last 10 GAMES. Plus you can't be all that serious when it comes to him be sub-par to Tambo. You even said he is realizing the weaknesses and is trying to improve it. Tambo did no such thing. He sat on his hands and just did lateral moves or moves that wouldn't help up. At least MacT MADE trades. Tambo was too scared to even touch his phone for crying out loud.

I understand the team hasn't improved in the standings, but you gotta give it time. Look what a simple Dubnyk for Hendricks trade did. It boosted the morale of the oilers. Imagine what a star talent like Thornton or Marleau (examples, not going to happen) or someone who knows about winning and can make a difference to our team. If the Oilers are struggling again by the 15 game mark of next season, change it up. But you can't wait too long into the season (like we did this season) to finally make a change.
I acknowledged the last 10 games which i feel are a fluke due to unsustainably hot goaltending. They are getting outchanced by a healthy margin every game even in the wins so i personally don't see the improvement outside of Scrivens and Bryz playing out of their skin.

I'll give credit to MacT for identifying the weaknesses and making some solid deals but he has also made some bad moves to offset the good ones which sunk this season.
Also, identifying weaknesses and actually addressing them are two completely different things. Actions speak louder than words.
MacT can go on and on about what ails the team but until he fixes what ails the team, they will continue to flop.
I understand that he's less than a year into the job, but i can only really grade him on the results thus far, not what might happen down the road.

The Perron, Gordon, Scrivens and Hendricks moves are a start, but they need much more and more impactful moves. He also needs to get Scrivens re-signed before i consider that a good move otherwise, it was moving a pick for nothing.
He's talking a good game, but i'm at the point where i'm sick of hearing talk and want to see results. The results this season haven't inspired a lot of confidence.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote