View Single Post
Old
02-26-2014, 10:34 AM
Paralyzer
The Beatdown Begins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I acknowledged the last 10 games which i feel are a fluke due to unsustainably hot goaltending. They are getting outchanced by a healthy margin every game even in the wins so i personally don't see the improvement outside of Scrivens and Bryz playing out of their skin.

I'll give credit to MacT for identifying the weaknesses and making some solid deals but he has also made some bad moves to offset the good ones which sunk this season.
Also, identifying weaknesses and actually addressing them are two completely different things. Actions speak louder than words.
MacT can go on and on about what ails the team but until he fixes what ails the team, they will continue to flop.
I understand that he's less than a year into the job, but i can only really grade him on the results thus far, not what might happen down the road.

The Perron, Gordon, Scrivens and Hendricks moves are a start, but they need much more and more impactful moves. He also needs to get Scrivens re-signed before i consider that a good move otherwise, it was moving a pick for nothing.
He's talking a good game, but i'm at the point where i'm sick of hearing talk and want to see results. The results this season haven't inspired a lot of confidence.
See, that I can understand 100%. But I am the kind of person who waits and sees if they do something. I'll tell you now, If I don't see any trades done by MacT from now until Free Agency and he just sits there and says garbage like "I tried but no one is listening" crap, then yes, he has to go. I would like to wait until I see what MacT is doing before jumping on him. Eakins is the same story. If I don't see a MASSIVE improvement by end of this season/beginning of next season, I'd be inclined to fire Eakins and if no other coach with NHL experience is available, put Kruger back in the spot. He seemed to be doing very well before leaving.

Paralyzer is online now   Reply With Quote