View Single Post
Old
02-26-2014, 10:10 AM
Embiid
Thank You Hinkie!

vCash: 500
Morin: Part II

Interesting comments from the scouts..

Hopefully his chair is not a folding one....

Quote:
"We all see him as a really good prospect in this league," Blainville-Boisbriand general manager Joel Bouchard told the Daily News last weekend. "He's got a lot of potential, I think that is the key word. How it's going to turn out 4, 5, 6 years from now when I turn on my television? I don't know. No one knows. He's got a good package.

"He could end up as a No. 2 [defenseman] in the NHL. He could end up as a No. 6. It all depends."

....Junior hockey scouts concede Morin was not the safest pick at No. 11 for the Flyers last June. There were other junior hockey players, at various positions, who were more polished and ready to play in the big league sooner. They are much easier, cleaner to project.

Yet, the Flyers took a longer view with Morin, a defenseman with a much higher ceiling. His brief flashes of brilliance in games make scouts giddy with excitement.

"All these months later, I'm still surprised the Flyers took a guy like Samuel Morin that high," said one NHL Eastern Conference scout, perched up in the corner of Palais des Sports Leopold-Drolet in Sherbrooke on Saturday afternoon for a game between the Oceanic and the host Phoenix.

The longtime scout asked to remain nameless, since he did not have permission from his organization to speak publicly about another team's property.

"Philadelphia usually wants a guy that is NHL-ready, someone they can count on now," the scout said. "The NHL is a results business. Morin may bring real results, but it won't be right now. It's easy to see why they wanted him. You cannot buy his kind of size."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...3VdQ6wcfZvw.99