View Single Post
Old
02-26-2014, 12:01 PM
missinthejets

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post

Eakins, MacT or anyone else pointing to the "improved play" over the last 10 games should ONLY be referencing the MUCH better goaltending... anything else is a bias towards the reality of what has actually been going on.
I honestly think there are 3 distinct segments of the Oilers season. The start where they weren't playing THAT bad as a team but couldn't get a save for the life of them, that huge stretch in the middle where their confidence was completely shattered and they couldn't do anything right, and the most recent stretch after a couple of those trades.

I really do think that the crappy goaltending to start did more harm to this team than people realize. I think it shattered the fragile confidence of the team and it is only just now starting to come back. When every mistake winds up in your net (and sometimes not even mistakes) it can negatively impact a team this young and this used to losing. Who knows what happens if they get some saves early on and start out with some more wins.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote