View Single Post
Old
02-26-2014, 03:25 PM
soireeculturelle

vCash: 500
Got five goals this morning in our weekely league.

1) came in 1 vs 2 into the zone. dman left me some gap so I snapped a shot through his legs which trickled through low glove side

2) centerman made a good play in the low slot, found me open on the side of the net. off the post and in from a bad angle with the goalie down and out

3) got a nice breakaway pass from a winger when the other team made a really bad change. leaned stick side to make the goalie open up, then went high glove

4) puck went off the board behind the net and onto my stick. was looking to pass the puck across the crease but there was no space and snuck a shot in five-hole from in close

5) centerman fed it over on a 2 on 1. goalie goes down so backhanded it over him.

was trying really hard to set up my linemates starting from halfway through the game. but either my passes were getting blocked, or they couldnt bury it. weird day. I'm a shooter and score quite a bit at this level, but I don't think I've scored 5 goals or will get that many again.

also, got one of my replacement base savoys. somehow snapped both of mine within 30 days (one blade cracked, and the other one broke in half on a wrister). haven't heard anyone else speak ill of the durability, so maybe it was just a bad batch. the warranty process was convenient (no need to send the stick back) even if it took a few weeks. we'll see what happens with the replacement sticks.