View Single Post
Old
02-26-2014, 06:45 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
FWIW I never said 1.5M.

But what should Hemsky be worth here now? Legitimately?

Right now Ryan Smyth, at age 38, is somehow a better hockey player than Hemsky at prime of life 30.

Smyth makes appreciably less than the 3.5M figure bandied about and quite frankly the Oilers would be nuts to extend Hemsky for that much.

Some team might, not discounting that, but it shouldn't be this club. Hemsky doesn't represent anything close to that value here for what he's bringing and whatever role he's playing(I don't even know). This would perhaps be a project for the Hemsky fans. What is he actually bringing, what is he doing well, what benefit is he serving to the Oilers?

I saw more individual effort, creative rushes with the puck in a few games for Czechs than what Hemsky has brought much of the season here. With actions perhaps speaking louder than words. Wasn't surprised in the slightest either, and I called it, that Hemsky would play much better for the Czechs than Oilers.

Sure Hemsky has had different roles on the respective clubs but Hemsky is largely a break out score on the fly player. When he's on he doesn't always require great service. Most of his goal scoring tends to be individual rushes anyway. Hemsky had 3 goals in 4 games in Oly. He has 3 goals in his last 30GP here. lol

Its too bad.

Hemsky isn't even breaking out a sweat here. The moneys been good though.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote