View Single Post
Old
02-26-2014, 08:17 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
He is also coming off both shoulders being operated on and the team acquiring 3 new forwards in the offseason with him playing multiple positions. This year was always going to be a down year for Wilson. To expect him to come into the season with a limited training camp, rehabbing offseason, with new parts/pieces, on a team with pathetic goaltending, and Barry Trotz the headcoach, is too much to ask IMO. We saw Wilson hit a groove last year. He has shown the offensive ability this year. I still maintain that he will be a productive forward. The key is finding a linemate with some offensive ability that Trotz is willing to let play with Wilson, oh ... and powerplay time would help.

And by the goaltending/Trotz comments I am insinuating that the poor goaltending caused Trotz to shore up the defensive game even more then he has in the past.

Just my 2 cents.
I don't necessarily disagree with you. Just a lot of leeway being given. I'm not so sure he's going to wind up being much more than he has been, but I'd be thrilled to see the opposite.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote