View Single Post
Old
02-26-2014, 10:22 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
I'm talking about the Hemsky and Smyth of today. Smyth used to be an absolute monster but age caught up to him very fast, at this point in both of their careers Hemsky is a better player. He can still skate, is still one of the best 1 on 1 players in the league, is still terrific at breaking through the neutral zone.

I'm not sure Smyth is "great" at anything anymore. Love the guy though.

If we're comparing career numbers then Smyth obviously comes out on top and had a more impressive career but if we're comparing them today, on Feb 26 2014 then the obvious answer is Hemsky.
OK, thanks. You were starting to resemble one of those eternal Smyth haters that seem to frequent the board at times.

So Hemsky is better than a 38 yr old Smyth, although I'm still not sure how. Smyth has outscored him while being saddled with guys like Gazdik and whoever.

Its no great shakes that Hemskys performance can even be compared to a 38yr old player with a million miles on the odometer

hemsky certainly isn't great at anything more and you can strike great 1 on 1 off the charts. Hemsky has 3 goals in his last 30GP. He's averaged 10 goals/yr in his last 5seasons. Raffi Torres is prolific from that perspective..

Last edited by Replacement: 02-26-2014 at 10:37 PM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote