View Single Post
Old
02-03-2004, 01:11 PM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Finally a solid effort that saw the forwards working hard on the backcheck which didn't allow what passes for our defenseman to be exposed the way they have the last 2 weeks or so.

Why this effort can't come more frequently is a whole other question however.

The biggest difference was the special teams play.You simply do not win w/o significant success on both sides of the PP and PK.The games are simply to tight and a PP goal or big PK kill here or there could make all the difference in the world.

Which leads to the next point---I loved Holik's thinly vieled shot at Slats as far as his comments about his and Jagr's PP goal not being luck but rather that they spent time togther with Renney, made sure to point that out, and went on to say about how firmly both he and Jagr agree that practicing such things is vital.

Good to see Bobby also show up where it matters most, on the ice rather than in the quote books.The line looked solid and Rosie was fantastic last night.

And every time all these fools start with the Leetch bashing he has a game like this.Bottom line, Leetch is still a top d-man in this game and is one of the very and I mean very few who can be a real difference maker in a game, a guy who makes the plays from the blueline that very few can.

The only downside is that it takes some of the heat off Slats and his shortcomings aren't as glaring over the ALLSTAR weekend if they win 2 in a row which is a catch 22 b/c I want them to get right back in the PO race but I feel the team would be infintely better is that A-hole were vtold to pack his bags.