View Single Post
Old
02-26-2014, 11:19 PM
SephF
Visually Better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
He won't hit 40 without getting hot. Theres only 22 games left. Hemsky has missed several games again this season. Hemsky ever hitting 60pt season again would require a high level of commitment, consistency, and good health. I'll be blunt. Its not happening for him anywhere in the NHL. I'll be here for posterity if anybody wants it as a bet
I don't think he will either, he's on pace for under 40 in an 82 game season and he's already missed 7 or so games. I also agree he probably won't see 60 points again because he likely won't ever get an opportunity on a teams first line for an entire season. But if he did, I think he could put up the points still... I'm just not sure the team he's playing on is going to be very successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Yep. Its sad how its played out.

perhaps the saddest thing is how many younger Oiler fans who haven't had much to cheer for have had this player to think about as their favorite player. So its sad how that player has turned into a guy that can't even fit into a lineup in the worst team of the league. I mean that sincerely, its kind of depressing I imagine. Thankfully I've been around to have had much better favorite Oiler players. I was never really sold on Hemsky tbh, but primarily due to knowing what great or even very good players look like.
I'm 27 so I missed the glory years and caught on in the early 90's. Hemsky is one of my favourite Oilers ever and I'll miss him when he's gone. Like him or not I think we all owe him the respect to admit he was a very good player for us while he was here, he was one of the only good players for quite a long time. I hope he has success where ever he goes.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote