View Single Post
Old
02-26-2014, 10:33 PM
SephF
Patreeky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Yep. The exposure that we each have has so much to do with our respective views. Its why my view on Hemsky would be so much different than some much younger Oiler fan.

That said your favorite Oiler could, and perhaps should be Doug Weight. Well it should actually.

Thanks for the discussion.
Hey now, I said one of My actual favourite Oiler ever from my own time would be CuJo if I had to pick one. But Weight, Smyth, and Hemsky are all up there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
Thing you have to take into consideration is that Hemsky brings no intangibles to the game so all that's left to consider is points, and his points are heavily weighted towards assists.

Most of the other players on that list bring other things to the game; some of them are snipers, some are physical and stand up for their teammates, some are good enough defensively to be shutdown players while they provide more offense.
This is true, the same could be said about quite a few players on the list aside from Hemsky too. I was never saying Hemsky has equal value or is as good as some of these guys I just think it's worth mentioning that he put up offense in line with some of the elite players in the NHL and maybe he should get more respect then he does.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote