Old
02-03-2004, 01:46 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger
Positives: Holik and Jagr looked good together. Gee, didn't they have some chemistry years ago in the WJC? That's right, play Jagr with Lindros! Leetch was finally himself. And Kovalev turned up his passion level after getting hit by Ohlund (it still amazes me these guys can't turn up the level of their play by themselves).

Negatives: Dunham looked shaky to me. Thank god the Canucks played down to the Ranger level or this game could have easily been won by the Canucks. Hlavac needs to go!!! I'm sorry but if you can't bury a puck, you better damn well play defense and him getting outmuscled by Morrison led to a Canuck goal. That is more disgraceful than not scoring. And I'm not even going to waste my time talking about Sather benching Murray. :mad:

This team still looks like crap but I guess I can be optimistic with the return of Malakhov, Poti and deVries soon...did I just write that? I guess they're still better than Purinton, Nycholat and Pushor. When they get back, we'll be looking at a solid 10th maybe even a 9th spot!!!
The worst part of the Hlavac play was not being out muscled by Morrison, but rather that he was in a position to be out muscled in the first place. After a long shift in the defensive zone, the puck comes out to Hlavac who decides to skate it out of the zone?!!?? Just ice the damn thing, change lines and win the draw.

I thought that Leetch looked more confident because he was not playing with Poti.

Dunham might have looked shakey but I give him a pass as he was run over several times by the Sabres (which for some reason the Rangers seemed very comfortable to let happen). The Canucks crash the net more than the Sabres do. I'd fear for my safety too.