View Single Post
Old
02-27-2014, 01:45 AM
Burnt Biscuits

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
Clifford is no different than Eager was earlier in his career. In 06/07 as a 22 year old, Eager put up 11 points in 63 games while fighting 16 times. This year as a 23 year old, Clifford is on pace for 7 points in 72 games with say 10 points.
That's a pretty good comparison I liked Eager a lot when he was younger and I like Clifford now, Eager never managed to make his brief flashes of skill appear with more frequency to add a consistent offensive component to his physical brand of hockey. Many players while highly similair at different points of their career can diverge and become significantly better or worse players. The most noticeable difference I can see between the two is Eager was a better skater and better off the rush where Clifford seems to be a bit better defensively and his instincts are a bit better for being in the right position to collect rebounds/garbage goals.

I think most of us can agree at this point Clifford is very unlikely to have 2nd line upside his outer-marker should be a Chris Neil like career. Dropping a 6th overall pick (Gagner) for Chris Neil even in his prime would seem like stupid asset management; I think we need more potential upside in a deal for Gagner, despite Gagners bad contract what the two players will contribute if they pan out in their new cities is miles apart.