View Single Post
Old
02-27-2014, 01:37 PM
ManofSteel55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuswald View Post
If Hall can learn 2 way I would agree but there is a reason he was left off the Olympic team. Is good but there is for sure better value out there.

I have no love for any player, all are assets to play or for trade (though I do feel a bit for Yakupov for obvious reasons). They are employee, no, possessions of the Oiler company for entertainment value. This was drilled into me when Gretzky was sold like an animal. Employees are hired and fired, sports players are bought and sold. They think it is ok because they get a pile of money but bought and sold none the less.
Eakins is certainly working on developing a two way game in all of our players, Hall is no exception to this. I think people are too quick to jump on his defensive game as the reason he was left off the team. The only similarly aged players who made the team were Tavares, Duchene and Subban, two of which were taken as our "extras", and even Tavares wasn't used in a very large role prior to his injury. The team focussed mostly on experience and guys who have proven that they can win at the NHL level. I believe that the fact that he is so young, and a winger, were the two biggest reasons why he wasn't considered for Sochi.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote