View Single Post
Old
02-27-2014, 02:17 PM
Trafalgar McLaw
Waive Dallas Eakins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrispy View Post
And which part of this is Hemsky's fault?

"Facts"

Did MacT not basically say "Ales Hemsky will not be traded because we don't want to retain salary on him", and by most reports, there's a good chance the Oilers retain salary on Hemsky to trade him away. That means we literally have to pay to not play Hemsky on the team, worse than giving someone away. We didn't even have to retain salary on Shawn freaking Horcoff for Christ's sake.

At what point in Hemsky's now decade long career has he displayed any semblence of leadership or accountability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Smyth has looked like the best player on the club? I've watched every game in its entirety this year but one. I must've fallen asleep or something.

Hemsky is drastically better at hockey than Smyth. I can't believe I'm even typing this out.

When we trade Smyth at the deadline for a 4th but trade Hemsky for a 2nd will you believe me?
As someone who hates both players' presence in the roster, even if Hemsky is better than Smyth at hockey, I'd keep clapper over Hemsky if forced to keep them for one more season. At least Smyth can provide some leadership and gives an effort (even if it always fails).

Trafalgar McLaw is offline   Reply With Quote