View Single Post
Old
02-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Joey24

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraking08
As far as I'm concerned Gonchar and Bondra would go well in T.O. But has anyone given any thought to acquiring Richardson from Columbus. Toronto has enough offensive defencemen. What the Leafs need is a rough and tumble D-man to remove opposing players from in front of the net. Maybe Richardson instead of Gonchar would be a better choice. Far too often, goals are popped into Belfours cage by nethuggers waiting for the rebound. With Richardson there they may think twice about lounging around. And since Columbus could use a little bit of everything why not make an offer. Here is this couch GM's deal:

Renberg,Antropov to Washington
Bondra to Toronto.

Berg and a 2nd Round to Columbus
Richardson to Toronto.

Washington gets A: Proven veteran and leader and a young, tough player to work with.
Toronto gets B: 30 goal man to bridge the scoring gap lost on 2nd and third line.

Columbus gets A: Replacement D-man and a High Draft choice to start building franchise with. Cheaper than Richardson too.

Let's face it. Toronto's farm system is chocked full of talent for years to come. The draft choices are useless to them. Acquire the talent to win a cup now and start bringing up those younger players once Roberts and the older players start retiring. Get the better players to teach the younger players before they leave.
You think Richardson is worth Berg and a Second? Think again that is absurd. Considering Considering Berg has been playing extremely well for Toronto and is still young and has lots of time to get better he alone is worth more then Richardson let alone you wanting to add a second pick.

Bondra - Is a great player and is someone I would love to see Toronto get. The only thing is I would hate to see Toronto give up two top 6 forwards to land him. Renberg is a useful player who Toronto could use in the playoffs Antropov is expendable but the only way I would like to see Toronto deal Antropov in a Bondra deal is if they can sign Bondra to an extension. Also I would rather Toronto go after some players from NYI instead if they are out of the race by then. I think Nik could land a decent amount from Mad Mike as he seems to like the kid.