View Single Post
Old
02-27-2014, 03:47 PM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
The thing I like about Reinhart more than Ekblad is that it creates an asset up front to deal imo. So we can fill two significant holes by dealing a skilled winger for a Dman in the ilk of someone like Tyutin, Voynov, Bogosian, Josi with teams of excess D or lack of scoring.

Hall - Nuge - Yak
X - Reinhart - Perron

We would likely not have a 1D but a future of Schultz, Klefbom, Nurse, Marincin, Petry + traded asset is not a bad future on the back end tbh and our C depth would be set for a long time.
Also, once Gagner is dealt (likely right around the time of the draft), the Oilers have literally nothing in the organization that remotely resembles a long term top 6 C solution and as you said, there are plenty of solid close to NHL ready Dmen ready to make the jump.
What we need on defense is veterans capable of playing big minutes, not more rookies.

I would obviously be thrilled with Ekblad, but i think the need for a center in this draft is being understated by a lot of folks around here. There's a lot of Ekblad or bust or Ekblad then a big drop off sentiment and i couldn't disagree more with that.