View Single Post
Old
02-27-2014, 05:35 PM
topchowda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozesmadness View Post
http://www.everettsilvertips.com/main/index

Highlights from Jujhar Khaira last night against PA go to the 1:20 mark. Plays like that are why people are so exited about this kid, plus he looks like a monster out there. WHL website has him listed at 6'4 215. He has been great at centre, dominant in face offs and has been playing on the second line against other teams top lines as a shutdown centre. His point totals are not what they should be but playing under Kevin Constantine and learning the defensive side of the game will help him down the road.
His point totals have been disappointing, but if he has been thrust into a defensive role and that's the reason then I guess its more encouraging. Everett is a more defensive team, but most good 2nd liners put up much better numbers in junior.

Everytime I see him I see a guy with NHL ability, whether it be in a bottom six role or hopefully a 2nd line role. He has great vision along the boards (evidenced in that video, plus his sick assist to Yakupov in pre season). He also has good hands for a big player.

I hope he stays in Junior one more year, but gets traded to a team where he can be the #1 center. I think he could really explode then. Take Moroz, he didn't really take off till his draft +2 year where he was given more time with better linemates

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote