View Single Post
Old
02-14-2007, 03:20 PM
vlh1220

vCash: 500
I would definitely take this guy's opinion with a grain of salt. There are several complete fabrications in this article. For one, Yzerman and Avery still have a good friendship. Yzerman was one of the first guys Avery called after the end of last season to ask him for advice. Secondly, Lapierrerre did not fight Avery this year over the french canadian comment. He hated Avery from their days of playing together with the Kings. He wanted to fight Avery because he heard that Avery was going around L.A. saying that he was going to kick Lapierrerre's ass after Ian signed with the Avalanche.

Avery definitely had his moments with the Kings, this year he was able to control his emotions and I think he will only get better at that. I think he really wants to be a Ranger, and loves being in New York. I've watched a lot of Kings games and have now tuned in to watch the Rangers since Avery was traded, and I see a different demeanor about him with the teammates in New York that I didn't see in L.A. He rarely interacted with his teammates on the bench and on the ice in L.A. Now I see him talking and laughing with teammates, he looks like he's having fun playing hockey. I never got that impression when I watched him play for the Kings. And yes I'm a huge Sean Avery fan so I've paid a lot more attention to articles that have been written about him and comments that he has made, and that have been made about him. That's why this guy's take on Avery I think is way over the top and exaggerated. Almost every hockey analyst on TV will tell you that Avery is a skilled hockey player.

Almost every analyst was asked about the trade after the news broke, and they all said that they would have made that deal for Avery. They can't all be wrong can they? So all I have to say is GO RANGERS!

vlh1220 is offline   Reply With Quote