View Single Post
Old
02-27-2014, 09:41 PM
Ek het lief Woef
Denver Broncos

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Sorry but how in hell do you think Ryan Smyth was a beneficiary of playing with Ales Hemsky. Smyth gets most of his goals down low on greasy stuff and Ales half the time is looking for a perfect pass instead of simply dumping it into where Smyth would typicall be. In horcoffs case I agree but its ridiculous to suggest Ryan Smyth goal scoring was dependent on Ales Hemsky. Smyth scored a lot of goals before, during, and after Hemsky.
Dependent may be the wrong term but there were a ton of Smytty goals I recall where he had simple tap-ins into empty nets from Hemsky tic-tac-toe passing plays and others where the puck got to net only because Hemsky was the driving force on that line that kept plays alive in the offensive zone. That line would have had nowhere near the scoring chances, offensive zone time of possession etc it had if Smyth and Horcoff hadn't had one of the premier offensive playmakers in the NHL (at that time) on their line. I think it is a foolhardy proposition to believe otherwise.

Indirectly or directly, Hemsky had an effect on Smyth's production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Aimar View Post
There are a few posters on here who seem to have Hemsky Derangement Syndrome. Its pretty baffling.
The lack of appreciation and vitriol shouldn't be surprising but... sigh.

Really hope he gets to go to a playoff team and has some success. Would love to see him win a cup after all the crap he's had to put up with.

Ek het lief Woef is offline   Reply With Quote