View Single Post
Old
02-27-2014, 10:25 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
He was, what, 23 years old? 24? He played mature beyond his years whether or not he was driving the bus, or not. Couldn't have expected anymore from a player his age; he exceeded any expectations I had at that point in time. I'll take a player who can step up and be clutch in big moments; Detroit game 6 tying it up and getting the GWG; Game 1 against Carolina tying it up 4-4 after giving up 4 unanswered; Game 5, another big goal. There were simply too many moments to count in that post-season where Hemsky was a positive factor and was integral to the team's success.

When you say "anything he has done in the NHL", are you disregarding the seasons where he put up 77 and 71 points?
The playoff season we are talking about was at the end of the season he got 77 points

The kid made some big plays, I'm not trying to take anything away from him, but how many shots were blocked in that game, how many times did another Oiler take a hit to make a play in his own end etc to get the game to the point where Hemsky could be your hero?

If the Oilers dressed 18 Hemskys and Patrick Roy they would lose every game.

Oi'll say! is offline   Reply With Quote