Thread: Speculation: St Louis vs Kesler..
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2014, 11:11 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post

In my ideal world, the Rangers would trade for neither. Swap Callahan for young assets. In the real world, MSL will be a Ranger.
So much this. St. Louis comes out and declares he wants to be a Ranger but whoever said we want him? I mean, if it was just a matter of "hey, um, I'm gonna go suit up for them now" then obviously he'd be welcome but since it's not that simple and we have to give Yzerman something he'll accept, who says we want St. Louis? Were we thinking about inquiring about him prior to this whole circus? Why are we spending assets other than Callahan (theoretically) to acquire him just because he said he wants to play for us?

If a 5M left handed D said he wanted to play for us, would we go out and move picks/prospects/etc. to get them, even though we already have Staal and McD? Especially if that D was 38? Sure, our offensive depth isn't quite as rich, but I would much rather stick to the plan from two weeks ago, which was moving Callahan for young assets. I love St. Louis and think he's great, but I don't actually think at his age he fits the plan. Why expend young assets to get 1.5 years of St. Louis? It doesn't put us over the top or something. I'm not feeling it, at all.

As for Kesler, love him too but he's starting to break down and Vancouver's supposed asking price is much too high, so pass there as well. Voted neither.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote