View Single Post
Old
02-28-2014, 11:00 AM
Dabomb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
So I was questioning the line configs in the GDT hours before puck drop.

Because they were complete *********.

1)Lets place 3 number 1 picks all on the same first line for **** and giggles and make it super easy for Minny to just be concerned with that line. Also note that Yak has not had chemistry with RNH at any point.

2)When I saw the Eberle Gagner Hemsky line I cried out in pain. Probably due to Oiler related bile-acid reflux. Like I stated who was going to forecheck, battle in corners, sustain puck possession on this line? Who?
This is a disaster line and I don't know any time where Gagner Hemsky have had any chemistry. Conversely I'll note Gagner Yak are at least capable of offense as a pairing. This line put together could be the all wimp line in the entire NHL. Minny probably just laughing when they saw that.

3)Lets bury our prolific goal scorer, Perron, on the 3rd line because he does great anywhere on the topsix. I dunno, just because, maybe punishment for not making the Olympics..

4)Not too curiously the only line that competed on the night was the 4th line. Nice effort there boys, but its the only line Eakins didn't screw over.

These were garbage lines from the outset and we got shut out on home ice.

How in hell is Eakins still an NHL coach?
Pretty sure they're just showcasing Hemsky and Gagner right now and trying to give them top 6 minutes. Other than that, I don't see any other reason to have Hemsky play on his wrong wing and move Perron down to the 3rd line.