View Single Post
Old
02-28-2014, 12:56 PM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukon View Post
As much as I love Nuge, part of me doesn't want another. I'm leaning towards Bennet because he has the grit that our top 6 is lacking. Either way if we get Ekblad I'll be ecstatic, if we get Bennet or Reinhart I will be happy.
I'll be the first to admit I'm schizophrenic when it comes to this pick, fascinated with a different prospect every day, but ultimately that's a good thing. This draft was crapped on from the get go because it wasn't considered a deep draft. Somehow this gained enough momentum to perpetuate the myth that there are no dynamic or franchise players at the top of this draft. Laughable when I see what the top prospects in this draft are doing.

I was once in the Bennett camp, but find myself shifting back to Reinhart - and it has little to do with his current streak (though it doesn't hurt). It has much more to do with watching this god awful team every night and how many open looks the other team gets in prime scoring chances. Reinhart's positioning, anticipation and understanding of the game are at an elite level. He may not play with as high a motor or as physical as Bennett, but I'd prefer if my wingers did that while my center is taking away the middle of the ice. Therein lies the problem, we need bigger, more physical wingers on this team, but I think those are more attainable than an elite two way C, which is what I believe Reinhart becomes.