Old
02-03-2004, 01:25 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
I gotta agree with you, Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Honestly , to me, this is the only thing that matters...This win was as damaging as any loss in Ranger history (OK, a bit of an exaqgerration)..No matter what happens against Minnesota, the heat and momentum that was building against Sather was completley hosed. Yeah, he wasn't probably going anywhere, but any slim chance was just flushed down the crapper....

You guys have it pretty well covered.......Hey, if they played that good when SIX GUYS practiced imagine what they MIGHT be able to do if the whole team tried it...But, nah, that's too bizarre of a concept....And all a win against the Canucks reveals is that 1) The Rangers are talented and can play with anybody and 2) The Rangers are a bunch of gutless, heartless pukes who only play when they want to...Other observations are that Messier, Nedved and Hlavac should be hung by their cohones (well, not sure if the latter two have any) or, at the least, benched for their total unproductive ways....Kovalev's gonna be traded...

For the first time this season, I was actually disappointed with a loss. Last night was nothing more than a Pyrrhic victory. One single win only keeps Sather here that much longer, keeps up the false hope of the POs that much longer, and means that, as usual, the bottom doesn't completely fall out so that the opportunity to get a stud at the top of the draft becomes that less likely. And, even more frustrating is that, even the players have come to see how clueless Sather is, and are now practising the PP themselves. And. actually, bringing in Keenan right now might be the most entertaining possiblity, simply because it has the makings of a complete and utter disaster of nuclear proportions, which is what it might take to finally correct this mess.