View Single Post
Old
02-28-2014, 12:50 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
If Myers is truly available... he won't come cheap. Much more than Gagner+ BUT I'd definitely be on board with taking a shot at Myers. I think he's a solid dman and adding him to Marincin/Klefbom/Nurse (and maybe Ekblad)... that's a group that at least theoretically should have a good chance of being a decent defensive group.

What would Myers cost though... that's the big question. Probably one of the top assets.... I assume Eberle/RNH/Hall are off the table and Gagner/Hemsky don't have the value to make the deal doable and Yak has low value (and I really don't want to part with a guy that young with that much untapped potential anyway... although Eakins/MacT may feel differently).

That leaves Perron...

I like Perron quite a lot but I don't think the Oilers have much attachment to him... so I could see him being peddled. Perron would be leading the Sabres in goal scoring by a mile this season and you'd basically be selling Perron high at this point... one of the few Oilers that would be at near peak value.

Something around Perron+ for Myers might get it done. Would I do it? Probably. Would the Sabres? Depends on the plus of course but if Myers is actually on the market they may think they have enough defensive depth in the pipeline to part with him and they obviously need offensive help so there may well be a deal there in some form.