View Single Post
Old
02-28-2014, 01:35 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
Biggest red flag for me is that he plays in the soft conference and has been wildly inconsistent in every facet of his game. Will he improve? Well, he's the same age as Sam Gagner so keep that in mind when you make your prognostications. I don't believe the maxim that defencemen develop slower than forwards applies to real elite guys.
His inconsistency is worrying, don't get me wrong, but I do believe young D-man take more time to mature than forwards. I do think a change of scenery will do him good. Fixing consistency to me is something much more plausible than developing multiple tools.

In a way I see this as being a reverse Dion. Phanuef flashed some talent early on for Calgary, his development somewhat plateaued, traded to Toronto and he's developed into a pretty good D-man. I think Myers can do that, except coming to the west from the east.

Quote:
There's a not insignificant chance Meyers' deal would fit the bill in short order. If it took a package of Gagner/pick/prospect to get him, it might be worth the risk. Anything more is probably pushing it.
Cost is key here. Guys like Eberle, Yak, 2014 1st etc etc., should be so far off the table, they shouldn't be considered.

If we're taking on a reclamation project, we should be paying reclamation prices.