View Single Post
Old
02-28-2014, 01:50 PM
Stickchecked

vCash: 500
Thinking about replacing my 5+ years old Graf 709s, size 6. I know I was properly sized and I've had no problems with them playing consistently 2-3 times per week. No blisters, no lace bite, nothing. But the one thing I've realized is that my toes have never come close to touching the front of the boot. And I always struggle with tightening my laces just right. I have to use minimal force on the middle laces or my feet cramp up.

I have small feet with high arches and based on the 709 description, I have "wide thick feet." I never would have thought that, I guess it's in context of the length.

If I remember correctly, either the 5.5 Grafs weren't in stock or the salesperson said that getting the length correct would lead to an instep that was too shallow and that would be the worse of two evils. I think it was the latter.

So I'm wondering if pursuing new skates would lead to an improvement. I'm not looking to drop a ton of money just for the sake of something new. I'm generally a strong skater but with all the attention aimed at skate size, I'm wondering how skates that are too long might be affecting me.

After researching online though, if my instep is so unusually deep for my foot size, then Grafs seem to be the deepest. Am I right about that? Maybe this is the skate for me?