View Single Post
Old
02-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Goalie_Gal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post
so i'm confused

wouldn't Valiquette have to go through re-entry waivers? or did he already? sorry if this was already answered
Normally he would have had to, but there is an emergency injury exception they used because Weekes is on the IR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Same here. I might start Valiquette against the Flyers. I know they are not a gimme anymore and they are playing alot harder now, but I figure they will want Henke in there against Havlat and on national TV and everything. And since I'm going to be there, I am biased
Just before the lockout, my husband and I went to Philly to see the Rangers, and Valiquette played. If I recall correctly, he kicked a** for the first two periods, and all the Flyers fans around us were asking "Who is this guy?!" I think the Rangers ended up losing that game but I don't remember if it was because of a bad goal on his part or not.

I went to Hartford recently to catch a Pack game, and was interested to see they started Valiquette instead of Montoya. Maybe Montoya was hurt with this knee injury at the time? Anyway, he started out a little shaky but once he got into his groove he was really "on". However... that was the AHL (as someone else pointed out) and the NHL is a different story. I hope we don't have to find out, honestly... I want to see a healthy Henrik for the rest of the season (however long that may be).

Goalie_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote