View Single Post
Old
02-28-2014, 08:48 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I think it'll be better in the long run for the team, so yes, I'm happy with it, but is he a better player than Klein right this instant? I don't think so, but I think acquiring a young long-term partner to play alongside Jones this early in his career will really help both of those players immensely. He's only 23 and has 300 games under his belt, in comparison Klein is six years older and has only played in 400, he can still grow his game a whole lot.

That doesn't diminish what Klein has done for this club though. One of the most solid defenders we've had.
Except for the 2 playoff series were he was easily one of the worst players on the ice. He was great in the Detriot series and that was his redeeming moment. But, they guy is still prone to lapses (though less) and barley has an offensive game. He's tough, but not physically imposing. He's a #3-4 with bad puck skills. MDZ has the ability to be a good 3-4 with good puck skills. The new NHL is geared more towards a player like MDZ. Trotz and Housely are one of the best coaching staffs for a defenseman to reach his potential.

I'm happy with the value of MDZ and his potential (5 yrs younger than Klein). That being said, we traded one of our few pieces with some value for MORE DEFENSE. That's Poile for you... operating from his comfort zone.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote