View Single Post
Old
02-28-2014, 08:35 PM
rboomercat90

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
How was Krueger unsuccessful? He did basically what was asked of him, have the team improve under his watch, which they did. The fact that he wasn't good enough to stick around here, but good enough to set up the gameplans for Team Canada is a bloody joke.
This time last year everybody was complaining about his systems too. All the defensive responsibility was left up to the defensemen and the centers. It wasn't working either. Team collapsed at the 35 game mark when teams had figured it out. I will admit his special teams were much better. I will easily admit he's a superior coach to Eakins and Mactavish will have to answer for that at some point but his European coaching style wasn't going to work here either. Krueger was an intelligent man though and it is possible he could have adapted over time. My main problem with him was the same problem I have with Mactavish. IMO, both of them were extremely questionable hires and until they prove they can win I'll judge them by their win loss records.