Old
02-03-2004, 04:49 PM
Potter

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potter
Trade Leetch

Rob Blake fetched Deadmarsh, Aaron Miller, and Aulin
Ray Bourqe got Rolston, Pahlson, and a pick

Brian Leetch is right up there with those guys as far as impact for a cup run goes. Put him with Barnaby or Simon plus a 3rd and he'll fetch us a 1st rounder, top notch prospect, and a good young player (d or foward, doesn't matter) on the rise. We can always resign him, but this is a trade we have to make for the better of the franchise.

Realistically for this team to have any kind of chance to win the stanely cup in the next 10 years we have to rebuild. There is no way around it. A top notch prospect and another 1st rounder will definetly make that process much easier. Plus, imagine getting a guy like a young Rolston or Deadmarsh or Aaron Miller back.

I got two Ranger jersies, York on my home, Leetch on the away. He is by far the most brilliant defenseman that has ever played on this team. But WE MUST FORGET THE 94' GENERATION!!! We had to do it with Graves and Richter. Hopefully this summer we can do it with Mess. I feel using Leetch in a trade to better the team is not a sign of disrespect. He's got a couple years in him, I wouldn't be against bringing him back. But if we can get anything for him, and given the state of the NHL's defenseman we should get alot, then I say WE DO IT.