View Single Post
Old
03-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
Hey guys. Devils fan coming in peace and whatnot.

I'm going to California to visit some friends for about a week. I found a really nice hotel - and it's actually quite a steal considering it's a four and a half star hotel for only 400 person (with airfare and rental car included)

The thing is, is that the hotel is in West Hollywood. Can anyone tell me about the neighborhood? Is it safe? Scummy? One of those neighborhoods that you have to worry about walking in the night time? Keep in mind I known little about LA and California in general when it comes to neighborhoods so I was hoping someone on here could shed some light.

The specific hotel in question is the Mondrian-A Morgans Hotel if anyone knows where that is.

EDIT: If it helps. Priceline described the location like this:

"Facing one of the most happening stretches of Sunset Boulevard, the Mondrian is a short walk from the House of Blues and other bars and clubs. For big-name concerts, the Hollywood Palladium and the Hollywood Bowl are both about three miles away. The glittering excess of Rodeo Drive is four miles southwest. Burbank's Bob Hope Airport is 10 miles north, while Los Angeles International Airport is 16 miles south."

Should I take it or pass?
That looks sharp. Maybe one of the locals can chime in on the hotel/location but figured I'd respond with at least the basics before others can.

It's Hollywood. It's all pretty scummy big-city feel of course, but you're in a good location. Sunset is relatively safe as long as you stay on the main and adjacent roads, but some of those side streets get way shady the later you are out. Just be a smart traveler and it'll be fine. If you're on Sunset itself especially at normal hours you're totally good.

You're right in the heart of the city, though; you will definitely not be at a loss for things to do. Don't expect it to be relaxing--that place is buuuusy.

I'll let the others that are more knowledgeable fill in the rest of the blanks. I live about an hour outside LA but have spent a lot of time on Sunset for concerts and comedy and food.