View Single Post
Old
03-01-2014, 04:49 PM
SoftDumps

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
I'll answer this for all 3 guys who addressed my post. I haven't seen a lot of Nurse this year but last year I watched him a bit leading up to the draft. I was not very impressed to me he's a guy who would have been a late 1st, early 2nd rounder if he was 6'1" instead of 6'4". His slapshot is weak, his skating is decent but not great and his hockey IQ is average at best. I say his hockey IQ is average to low because of the pinches I seen him take as well as going out of position to make hits. Maybe he has improved in that area this year, I'm not sure but Im hopeful that he's going to be a better dman then from what I've seen from him.
That's interesting. You didn't mention how he takes care of the puck/anything about his decision making with it, which is imo the most important aspect regarding hockey IQ. After all, the puck is kind of important in the context of playing hockey.

By all accounts I've heard he is pretty darn good playing without the puck, so I'm not worried re: chasing hits/positioning like you seem to be.

Anyways, I think he has the tools to be pretty awesome, it is his puck management as he transitions to pro that I will be keeping an eye on most closely. I hope he can put it all together.

SoftDumps is offline   Reply With Quote