View Single Post
Old
02-15-2007, 03:02 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

vCash: 500
This team hasn't shown the consistency that it showed last year, and it hasn't won the big games that they've needed to win. We've lost every game this season to the Islanders. We've beaten the Devils here and there, but we're still very vulnerable against them. Pittsburgh has given us a hard time, and will keep on doing so with the way Crosby, Malkin, and Staal are playing. We lost big time to Toronto earlier on this year. I don't like the way things look, but this team is a bit different from the team earlier on this year. So I don't know, they're a real wildcard. I'd say Montreal, Carolina, and the Islanders don't make it if the Rangers do. I can't see Atlanta freefalling with the offensive weapons they have, and the goaltending they get from Lehtonen. Someone mentioned Washington making a push. Whoever that was is very optimistic, to say the least.

As long as they don't go mortgaging the future for a quick fix, I'll be happy. If they give up our top young assets, and we make the playoffs, I'll still be pissed. There is no reason why this team should be trading it's youth. This current team is not built to win, and is nowhere close to the cup, therefore there is no reason to trade youth for a shot at the cup that we really don't have.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote