View Single Post
Old
03-02-2014, 12:20 PM
rboomercat90

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by camboy View Post
I for one am going to miss Hemmer when he's gone. Lots of fond memories and for me he ranks as one of the best Oilers of all time. I wish the haters could just accept him for what he is/was. Classy guy and a very good professional. He still has good hockey in him and I predict he will help whatever team he ends up on. Go Hemmer!!!
Lol. One of the best Oilers of all time? He's had less impact than Petr Klima did. A good professional? He's shown no interest in a two way game until this year and even now isn't very good defensively and his offense has dried up. I agree with you that he is what he is and it was obvious to many outside of Oilers management exactly what that was years ago. He has nothing to complain about. He made millions of dollars here that he wouldn't of been able to make if he played else where. I predict he'll help the team he goes to about as much as Dubnyk has helped the Predators.

It isn't all his fault. He is a product of spending his career in a bad organization run by people who don't have a clue what they are doing. He's been ruined and at his age I don't think he comes back from it. He isn't alone, Gagner has suffered the same fate, maybe a move for him now can still save his career. It's hard to look at any of our young kids right now and not wonder if we'll be having a similar conversation about them a few years down the road.

rboomercat90 is offline   Reply With Quote