View Single Post
Old
03-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I like MDZ's potential and offensive instincts, but is he better than Klein right now? No. This trade was always about selling current, proven talent for future, potential talent. I do think MDZ will surpass Klein very shortly however.

I'm not a fan of this trade though because I didn't think we needed more defensemen like MDZ. IMO, we needed another dman like Klein - a veteran, stay at home dman with some grit. I also don't get why we are rearranging and tweaking the blueline when our forward situation is in such a mess.
I think it has a lot to do with Jones. Why wait a few years when Jones has developed into a great defenseman to worry about finding him a partner and trading Klein. In two or three years who knows how Klein is playing. We traded Klein while his value was high-ish and we give Jones a partner that will grow with him while letting him play his natural side. Acquiring a young left handed partner for Jones was pretty smart thinking ahead.

Now that we've solidified our d core we won't have to worry about it that much, unless something unfortunate happens, allowing us to work on our forwards.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote