View Single Post
Old
03-02-2014, 03:26 PM
blinds

vCash: 500
The whole logjam at center is definitely an issue though, especially with Laughton coming up and Couts will probably be better than a 3C in the next couple seasons.

I think ideally we would have Couts - Laughton as 2C and 3C and have one of Schenn or Giroux move to wing. It's a tough decision because while I'd like to see Giroux on the wing because I feel like his game is more suited for it, in intense games like today's and like those in the playoffs against the Pens he's the guy you want in the dot and all over the ice.

I feel like Schenn's the real enigma of our centers. It's hard to tell whether he'll develop into a capable 1C (allowing G to move to wing) or if he'll stay around 2C capability. If he can't take over 1C duties, that leaves the Flyers in a hard place choosing between Couts and Schenn for the 2C spot. What management obviously wanted was to see him move to wing, but thats been unproductive and it's pretty clear he's better at center.

Schenn's future is hard to pinpoint, but I would have liked to see him be given at least a season on wing to give him the time to adjust. Switching him between LW and C hasn't given him a chance to really learn the wing. But really, the whole point is I think that both Vinny and Schenn are better at C, but Schenn would be better suited to LW longterm and should have been given the chance to learn the position better and fight through the adversity. Also, since he's younger it might be expected that he would learn the position better than Vinny who's been a center for much longer.