View Single Post
Old
03-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
I'd also like to add that without an off season and minimal practice time between games (compressed schedule) it was probably hard to create and refine an ideal system. I believe he said he had plans for the summer.

I think with team improvements and appropriate time to work on things he would of been good.
Agreed. It's hard to imagine that the team wouldn't have gotten a bit better with another year of Krueger. Hall became a >1 ppg player under Krueger and he and RNH were both plusses last year. Gagner had his best season ever, Yakupov was starting to score a lot of goals at the end of last season. Eberle was the only young gun to take a step backwards last season, but that was a step back from 76 points in 78 games. It's hard to maintain that level of play in the nhl. And like so many people have mentioned, all this happened against a steady diet of western teams. Eberle tailing off a bit when the competition was that much tougher isn't an epic fail.

This year the young guns are all going backwards, and they are the core of this team. When that many players with that much potential all start a downward curve at such a young age it's a huge red flag and I can't believe this experiment is being allowed to continue.