View Single Post
Old
02-03-2004, 07:43 PM
habsfan4life

vCash: 500
What you say is true to some degree... just imagine how exciting it would be if we had a young superstar like Ilya Kovalchuk in Montreal to marvel at everynight. (Kostitsyn?)

The only thing is... hockey talent scouts know more about observing who is ready and who isn't ready for the NHL. If no one in the organization is ready to step in then management has to bring someone in if the team is headed for the playoffs.

Take Jozef Balej for instance, his recent call was very dissapointing to me. He had a really good chance to make a good impression and while he didn't hurt his future, he failed to take the ball and run. He is not ready.

Hossa is still struggeling, but he is where he needs to be. Still, he is not ready.

If we can't improve the team internally then managment must look outwards... they owe it to the fans to ice the best product possible (tho, I believe with some minor tinkering, we can improve from within).

That being said, bringing in spare parts like they've done in the past isn't icing the best product possible and it's about time that the people of Montreal realise that and get/demand an exciting team.

I've heard the city is a buzz, and it's about damn time. Bob Gainey is restoring the buzz.

If management can land something that will improve this club and not go against their "direction" then they need to do it.