View Single Post
Old
03-02-2014, 09:53 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddskkilz View Post
Maybe it's just the frustration of the two games this weekend but I think Rangers need to be sellers at the deadline. They may be in the top 4 in the East but they are not realistic contenders for the cup. No center depth. No dynamic players besides Zucc and Nash.

Say we make it into the playoffs as 2-3 seed in the Metro and win the first round and have to play the Pens in the second round. We aren't built to best them of the bruins.
Richards knows he's getting bought out. Callahan, Brassard, Pouliot, Boyle are all free agents that can be traded for draft picks and set the Rangers up for the future.

Torts identified a core of Girardi, Boyle, Staal, Callahan, Dubinsky, Del Zotto and built around them.
AV needs to figure out his core for his system and build around them. Get a prospect/2nd round pick and roster player for Callahan. Get draft picks for the other guys and build for the future. I can't see Glen signing all our free agents by the end of the season and I can't imagine a team going all the way with so many lame duck players.
I've been saying this all year. At first it was a common sentiment, with the bad start but when et started to pick it up it became a very unpopular stance. It's been my position all season long though. I got some heat for sticking to it, especially when we got pretty hot before the Olympics and stuff, but I believed it then and believe it now. I have never thought this team could be anything but a pretender this season and I can't understand how out fans can let hot streaks blind them to that fact. This team simply does not beat the giants of this league in a playoff series. There is no point in buying/standing pat just to pretend you have a shot and get rolled by a real team in the second round. Selling and being realistic about our needs and what kind of team we are, so that we can actually address then and establish a plan and a direction, is the best thing we could possibly do.