View Single Post
03-03-2014, 01:54 PM
The Doobster
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Hextall is number three on my list(or four do to Doug F). I do not know what year but they would have won a cup or two. Pelle had "it". And the team just fed off him. There was something very special about him and the sky was the limit. Who knows how good this young man could have turned out. Drinking and driving. I am just glad I did not kill anyone when I used to have more than a few and drove. But those days are long gone for this old SOB.
I hear ya man, my dad is a huge Flyer fan, always talks about the greatness of Pelle Lindbergh. Never really thought much of it, but then I started looking at his highlights and goalies of that time didn't move like that, not until the 1990s anyway. I don't doubt for a second that the Flyers would've won a Cup or 2 if Pelle Lindbergh didn't pass away like he did. Really a loss, not just for Flyer fans but for the league as a whole. What a great goalie, really think he would've been up there with the likes of Patrick Roy had he not passed.

But you're right, drinking & driving is bad news. I used to do it during my early 20s but not anymore. I just go to the liquor store and drink at home if I'm going to get sloshed these days.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo is offline   Reply With Quote