View Single Post
Old
03-03-2014, 12:58 PM
PCSPounder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Aki Berg View Post
Huh? White with a huge 'O' vs. Maroon with a huge 'V'. What are you talking about?
Maroon pants and off-white top (with many maroon highlights) versus maroon top and off-white pants does throw a lot of people for a loop, especially if (like my wife) you wear glasses. I dare you to say that people who wear glasses shouldn't watch hockey. Also, the O wasn't that huge, and how often do camera angles catch the fronts of sweaters anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
These games are a bad joke. A few years ago you had players skating in the rain/sleet, Saturday night the puck would slow down in the snow, and yesterday's game, while free from the wrath of the elements, still had problems with the ice. The NBC guys made a point of how similar the unis looked once play started. Also, shouldn't a team called The Millionaires have a fly looking jersey? Maybe something with that Monopoly guy on it?
It's more fun watching it in difficult conditions (from in front of the TV, of course) than it is when the setup was rather, shall we say, climate controlled. It's really rather artificial in BC Place. Maybe I should have seen the Dodger Stadium game also, in order to decide how it played with palm trees.

Of course, the proof is in the pudding; the NHL already announced scaling back for next year.