View Single Post
Old
02-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Am I the only one who's really impressed with Tyutin and how he moves the puck? He'll still make some gaffs here and there, but not often, and damn...he can look like Neidermeyer out there when he skates the puck up the ice. Not as fast, but smooth and effortless and great at shielding the puck.
I noticed one play were Tyutin shielded the puck and skated past two forecheckers on one play. Thats great to see.

I am very soft for thoose kind of plays, think its a weakness we got, if you forecheck against D's that can beat you clean one on one, like Leetch often did, it makes the forecheckers job so much harder, you can't be nearly as aggressive. If you forecheck with two people, and one of them are beaten by the D with the puck it becomes pretty critical defensivly, often resulting in a scoring chance the other way.

Its great to see Tyutin taking a bigger responsebility in thoose aspects. Though, he aren't really agile enough to do it on a regular basis, like a Thomas Kaberle or Dan Boyle, but little is better then nothing.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote