View Single Post
Old
02-16-2007, 10:40 AM
SML

vCash: 500
Buy low, sell high...
Petr Prucha, say goodbye...

I think Sather is looking at Prucha like a trading chip. It's probably the right thing to do long term. He came out of nowhere, had a great rookie year, and his name is known around the league. His value is pretty good right now. I love the kid, BUT...
I don't think he has all that long of a shelf life. He gets CRUSHED every game. One of those is going to stick sooner or later, and once it does, I'm afraid he goes Tomas Kloucek and won't be the same player. Also, I think the organization sees a similar, yet more durable player in Nigel Dawes. He's smaller, offensive minded, but about 15-20 lbs bigger. I don't see the two of them in the lineup together. Prucha needs top 6 minutes to succeed. He's not getting them right now. If we can package him, and this Horton rumor is EXACTLY what this team should be looking to do, then you do it. I know I'm not always speaking the popular opinion by defending Sather, but i think the guy has a knack for realizing when a player has hit his ceiling and capitalizing on it. He nailed the Mike York trade, whether you liked Poti or not, It was a decent risk. All this being said, I think Prucha's a goner.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote