View Single Post
Old
02-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Lafontaine

vCash: 500
You heard it here first...

Ok, I've never made an official prediction on here before - and I know this thread is kind of a joke - but I have a pretty strong feeling about a couple possibilities and I want to go down as an HF Boards legend by correctly making these predictions...

It is still a bit hard to tell, because the next game or two might change our approach. Still... with Kovalev now out, I can't see us dumping the kind of futures that Nashville just gave up in exchange for a long-shot at the play-offs.

That said, I really feel something might be brewing with Columbus this weekend. Whether it is for a rental (Carter), for Nash, for Federov or for Zherdev, these are two struggling teams in opposite conferences who look like they would be prime trading partners. They play this weekend and I think something might get done...

1st prediction: Something involving Zherdev

Secondly, if Bob does make one move like this, I think he won't stop there. After witnessing what Forsberg fetched, I think that Gainey has to try and move our most valuable UFA. Souray will move, but only if Gainey gets a young defenseman who is already NHL ready. He won't want to look like he is completely throwing in the towel.

2nd. prediction: Souray out the door

Just to get down a few other vibes I've had. Edmonton and Colorado both want to shake things up in hopes of making the play-offs. Souray would be perfect for Edmonton, but if they are no closer to the play-offs at the deadline then they can't afford to make that move. I also think Colorado would be interested. My psychic powers are also telling me that one of these teams will bite on Ryder. Remember you heard these names here first: Schremp, Lupul, Leopold, Svatos, Laperriere.

Lafontaine is offline   Reply With Quote