View Single Post
Old
02-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
The bigger question is, is Nashville ready to potentially lose its hockey team if they don't win the cup? I don't know much about the rumors of your team being moved, but I hear the attendance is less than stellar. Not surprising - hockey doesn't belong in the deep south IMHO... Florida has long-standing attendance problems, as does Atlanta and even Carolina (!). TB is about the only team that seems to sell out on a regular basis down there, and that might not even be true anymore. Even Washington (which is culturally a southern city to some extent), has attendance problems.

Anyway, I hope it works out for you guys, but your GM just mortgaged your future for a guy who is very talented but continually getting hurt the older he gets. And he's going to end up back in Philly most likely next year, like Recchi going back to the Pens after Carolina rented him for the playoffs last year.

Two of your best young players and a 1st and 2nd round pick? Man. I would be pissed if I were a Preds fan. This was a ream-job of the first order. If you guys don't win the Cup, your GM just set your team back about 3 years, development wise. Kariya is good but he can't carry a team and isn't getting any younger.
Quite possibly the worst post I've read on these boards.

I would think that a fan of a team who's recently had to deal with relocation rumors wouldn't be coming in and slagging off other teams. The Predators are not in a position to move nor have their been any indiciations of moving. Is our attendance not as good as it should be, of course it isn't. It takes time to build solid hockey markets in nontraditional ones.

But you don't really care do you? Frankly we don't care what you think in terms of us "deserving" a team. Guess what, there are teams in southern markets and there will be for a long time. DEAL WITH IT.

I find your comments about our losing our two best young players laughable. Parent is a stud prospect but we've done so well in the draft that we can afford to make a trade. Shocking, I know. Upshall was not one of our best young players, sorry.

Guess what at the end of the day, we still have Legwand, Erat, Weber, Suter, Hamhuis, Radulov, etc. Not to mention a well stocked prospect roster.

We're not worried about if Forsberg will sign back with us. We're ready to see what we do in the playoffs. Funny you mention injuries, because not only have we done well this season without Forsberg, but we haven't given up a roster player so if he was to go down, we can handle it.

Our GM just gave us the best tools to make a deep playoff run without losing a roster player. And we have the prospect depth to handle losing Parent and Upshall.

Go crawl back into the Igloo. Pittsburgh fans should be pissed that you try to make them look bad, but we have common sense and realize that there are a few bad eggs.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote