View Single Post
Old
02-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

vCash: 500
i admit i bashed avery pretty hard after the deal....as a kings fan who's watched his progression i can say that it was an up and down ride with avery. i love his heart and at times he was the best player on the kings effort wise. he's got great speed and always showed flashes of offensive upside. he fell out of favor with me because crawford was giving him to much premiun ice time that he didn't really do alot with. his numbers were decieveing in LA, he had more opportunities that he missed or plays that he flubbed then those that he put away..just my assesment as a kings fan. he also looked horrible on our powerplay and often made terrible decisions.(guess that can be said of alot of players) conroy had a great year with demitra under andy murray..alot of his time was reduced under crawford in favor of avery(and armstrong who's having a solid year)...that didn't sit well with me. conroy was never given the opportunity to get out of his funk or play with the linemates avery got to. (maybe its just an excuss..i dont know)

i think its good that avery is shinning right now for the rangers and as of now i think you got the better of the deal..but time will tell. i find it funny that now avery is out of the west that the media is so shocked at his skill. i'm not ready to call him an all-star just yet but i'm glad for him that a change of scenery did him some good. He does seem more like a NY kind of guy.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote