View Single Post
Old
03-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Maximus

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Changed my mind

I was all for letting Callahan go more I think about it, despite the lack of points, I think if he goes, we are going to regret it. I can definitely see threads like last year when were in playoffs and we were all saying how it would be nice to have Dubi and AA right now while Nash was in tank mode and doing squat for us. I still would make the deal knowing what I know now but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm a bit disappointed in the results thus far from Nash, Dorsett and Moore.

Anyways, I can't get past fact that Cally's compete level is at elite level for this team especially and he does all the blue collar things you need to be successful in the playoffs. We don't have anyone like him. I think he'll be missed. I hate it and I feel ****** a bit saying this cause he definitely isn't worth it but I think Sather has to use whatever sales skills he has and get him to sign for something decently reasonable($6.3?) unless he can pull off some magic at the trade deadline and get good return for him. I don't want to lose him for nothing. If there is one thing Sather has done fairly well in his tenor it is making deals and so I have faith if he deals Cally, he'll get solid return. But if he can't deal him, we have to sign him. With the cap going up pretty significantly, I think $6.2 or 6.3 mill isn't as horrible as it would have been.